We always prefer to grow your trees from seed we purchase on your behalf.
Unfortunately, with 90 seed zones in Alberta, the correct seed is sometimes unavailable for purchase. So the only way to source
seed for your reclamation project may be to collect it ourselves.
Seed Collection steps:
- determine the amount of seed or cuttings required for each species
- get authorization from the government to mount a collection
- monitor conditions to ensure the material we collect is mature
- send a crew to your seed zone to collect the required material
- have your material prepared for storage
- test your seed for viability
- register your material with the government
- store your material under controlled conditions
If you'd like to learn more about our seed collection services, please give us a call at 1 866 873-3846.
|Cenovus Energy||Millar Western||ATCO||The Carbon Farmer||TreeTime.ca|